The conference is jointly organized by the Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI, IDB), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and the University of Turin, Italy.
The conference is the result of cooperation between the the University of Turin, Italy and the Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI, IDB), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The conference is an academic workshop programmed to be in correlation and following to the Turin Islamic Economic Forum (TIEF) 2015 (http://www.tief2015.org) that will be held in Turin 19th and 20th of October, 2015.
· To enrich the theory of Islamic financial innovation.
· To highlight the significance of financial innovations in developing Islamic finance industry and discipline.
· To address various issues currently faced by the Islamic finance industry
· To assess the current innovative efforts of the Islamic finance industry
The main topics of the conference include, but not limited to:
· Assessment of existing Islamic financial innovations from Shari’ah and practical perspectives.
· Islamic financial innovations proposals.
· Financial stability of the Islamic financial industry.
· Roles of various stakeholders in the Islamic financial innovations.
· Shari’ah scholars and SSBs and their position vis-à-vis Islamic financial innovation.
· Overview on Islamic finance in Europe
· Islamic Financial Market in Europe
· Retail Islamic Banking “The European Experience
· Best Practices for Islamic Finance in Western Countries
· Sukuk Issuance in Europe
· Islamic finance in Europe: problems of regulation and regulatory
· Insurance: the Takaful
Selected papers presented in the conference will be published in a special issue of Islamic Economic Studies/European Journal of Islamic Finance.
Authors are invited to submit their full papers from the beginning skipping the step of submitting the abstract in English, in Word formats. Submissions should be made though online submission system (http://submit.confbay.com/
Any submissions after the 14th of September 2015 will not be entertained. All the papers’ submission are peer-reviewed and the decision notification is made latest by 21st of September 2015.
Both theoretical and empirical papers are considered by the conference. The facility of online remote presentations is possible in case of the unavailability of the Author to be physically in Turin in the days of the conference.
Participants who would like to benefit from their residence in Turin to attend the following events:
1- To attend Turin Islamic Economic Forum TIEF 2015; 19th and 20th of October 2015
2- To visit Expo Milano 2015 (http://www.expo2015.org/en), it is just only 30 minutes by train.
We will be glad to have you in this conference not only to listen to the experiences and assessments that academics will share with the audience but also to share ideas and suggestions. We are confident with your esteem expertise and with enthusiasm and support we can achieve optimal outcomes